Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The path of poop

I just let our great dane, Moose, outside and it occurred to me his path of poop in the pure white snow is a great reminder of how satan works. I would include a picture of the path...but I don't even like looking at it...so I figure I would spare you. But here is a cute pic of me and Moose in the first weeks of his homecoming.

We start out with a nice clean, white, pure path when we accept Christ. Immediately, satan moves in on his target. He wants to rip out that root before it becomes too attached. Each time we allow him to use us, whether intentional or not...a steaming pile lands on our white path. (Nasty huh?) Not a huge deal? Then another pile crowds in. Still pretty simple to dodge, right? What about when there are more piles than path? What do you do then? How do you walk without being covered in it? At what point to you realize that you are in knee high in it?  When you willingly allow it with little care about consequences...seems to me like you are rolling in the filth. Funny mental picture when dealing with poop (I am giggling a bit just picturing it)...not so funny when you think of it as sin.

God doesn't want us to settle for any sin. No matter how minor we think it is. Gossip. Does it really hurt anyone? Lies. Does anyone have to know the truth? Stealing. Even if you never got caught? Selfishness. No one else is looking out for #1..so I have to. Who do you think is behind those piles of filth? Which one of them is taking God's pure white path? I'm gonna go with none of the above!

I am not trying to play the holier-than-thou card. I don't want you to leave here feeling condemned. I want you to wake up and realize that you can be rolling in your own filth...and somehow be okay with it. That is not the joy that comes with having Christ in your corner. Those things don't bring happiness. They bring destruction. They bring shame. They bring guilt. They bring depression.

God will forgive you for all that you have allowed to enter your life. He longs to hear you repent...and walk away from them all. Walk with him. Talk to Him. Confess...and you are forgiven. Seek people that will lift you up in prayer. Find people that love Christ the way he intended us to...with our heart, mind, body, and spirit. Dive into His words of healing and restoration. Be contagious...not infectious. Show Christ without ever having to tell someone you follow Him. (I don't mean don't witness silly.) I mean LIVE Christ! Don't roll in crap and wonder why you feel crappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment