Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sacrifice!

That is what it took to take these pictures! Haha! You see, last night was bitter cold up here in North PA. The temp was in the single digits for sure. But the wind chill is what ripped right through me. I was walking up to my barn to feed all of the animals...and it was a bone-chilling walk up a knee-high, snow covered hill. Are you getting the mental picture? (Okay...so the whole hill wasn't knee-high with snow...but I was going for the dramatic effect. But a good two foot section was in fact that deep. *grins sheepishly*) Either way, it was not a pretty sight. Lol! I stumbled and grumbled almost the whole way. Just being honest. =)


I couldn't wait to get into the barn so that the wind would just stop. When I got in...I immediately went up to throw some hay down for our horse and cows. I couldn't help but notice the sunlight coming through the cracked barn door. When I looked out...I saw the sight that I captured above. I took a picture with my phone. (I take it with me incase I get crushed by the hay which is stacked VERY high. I usually pull on a bail of the pile...and RUN! Probably a better way...but I was never a farm girl...so I don't know it. Suggestions are welcomed. Haha!) The picture on my phone was good...but just not what I wanted. So what did I do? I walked the frozen tundra again. Back to my house. Got the camera. And back up again. So cold...but so worth it. I hate to miss pictures like this. I just had to have it. God made it for me to enjoy...so I wanted to enjoy from the warmth of my home. Haha.

Okay so on to the purpose for today. I have good news. To all those who have been praying for my son, Levi. He is getting better. His wheezing is minimal. His coughing is less and less. And all of this happened from the time he woke up until I went to the doctor. There were people praying for his healing! He woke up worse....and because of prayer...by the time we went to the doctor...he was obviously better. God is good! ALL THE TIME!

Keep bringing your requests before Him. He is listening...and He is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment