Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

True light

These days everything reminds me of something that I can relate to my walk with God. Today...it was again our great dane...Moose...and the sunshine. We are in the midst of the winter season here in NW Pennsylvania...and sunshine has been sparse. When the sun shines in through the window...Moose searches for a spot to lay in it. Today, it was on a blanket that he was not allowed to be on. Chewing on a ball that he was not supposed to be chewing on. But that is all besides my point. Haha!

Compare this light to the light that shines through us from God. People all around us are searching for the smallest ray of true light. They are desperate for it. They just want people who are real. They want people who are able to love without judging. They want people to talk to them, about them....and listen. They want people who have been where they are...and have come through it victoriously. They want that light that satan tries to hide from their view.

So SHINE BRIGHT! Show love to the seemingly unloveable. Show compassion to someone who everyone else is just passing by. Take your time and look for your opportunity to serve others. It is well worth the reward. Pleasing God. That is it sometimes. That is your reward. And it couldn't be a better one. Don't make light of it. If you aren't sure if it is 'worth' your precious time...ask a child who knows about faith. They want God to be happy. (You can refer to one of my posts written by my 5 year old if you want.)

I will be back later to show you some pictures of my Valentine's Day present. I am loving it!! And I also want to show you one of my chocolate wrappers. Silly, I know...but I am telling you...everything inspires me these days. I for one...am incredibly thankful for that. I have been in a place where negativity and sorrow guided my days. I much prefer inspiration and encouragement!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment