Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A life without joy is...

"A life without joy is like a car without shock absorbers. It will be jolted by every bump in the road. Laughter and joy are the shock-absorbers of life and can radically change our perspective of life and the tough times it holds."
- Mary Southerland

That is what I read in my devotional this morning. So much needed that. Another morning that satan tried to destroy. If he can get me early enough...I might just spend the whole day focusing on his horribleness and negativity. What is satan using to suck the joy out of you? Who are you battling? Flesh...or spirit. Ever wonder if spiritual warfare exsists? Start a ministry. You will encounter battles. You will encounter opposition. You will encounter the chance for offense.

Overcomer. That is what God is speaking to me now. Be an overcomer. Stop focusing on the weak part of the warfare. satan will be crushed by us when we align our Spirit with God's. satan will flee at the mention of Jesus' name. satan will cringe at the sound of our praise. satan will submit to the very God he despises, because that is just how powerful God is.

Focus on your strength. Focus on your gifts. Focus on your praise. Focus on your passion. Focus on your ministry. Don't let it be stolen. Don't let it fade away. Don't let it slip through your fingers because you were looking at life without joy. Laugh. Cry if you need to. But at all costs, love God will all that you've got.

Right now I pray for overcomers to rise up. I pray for joy to be restored. I pray for emotions to not rule our days. I pray for forgiveness. I pray for a sound mind. I pray for healing. I pray for humility. I pray for peace in our circumstance. I pray for an abundance. I pray for Words of Life. I pray for truth. I pray for power over the enemy. I pray for a realization of how he gets us down, so that we know how to fight back. I pray for focus. I pray for endurance to run the race we have been called to. I pray for new ministries!

No comments:

Post a Comment