Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stubborn!!

Titus in our unfinished...but now finished entryway. Don't let that sweet smile fool you. Haha!
So, just last night I wrote about being stubborn. That little man in the picture right above...he is the voice of stubbornness in my house. He is two, and he has those days ya know? But then he has days that you just want to squeeze him because he is just so stinkin' cute. Everything comes and goes in phases while these children are growing. Thank goodness. Lol!

What I was writing about was being more stubborn in my faith. Looking at all the things that get in the way of my intimate time with God, and choosing to let them fall aside for a while. (For any concerned parents out there...my children are not part of that 'get in the way' group that I am referring to. Haha! No need to call the authorities. I am referring to dishes, laundry, working on the house. Those things that are always there...and not vital to my relationship with Christ.)

This morning I sit down to write a new post. I title it 'Stubborn!!'...and I realize that I am already allowing something to get in my way. So, I left the computer on...in mid-sentence...and sat down with God. Wouldn't you know...the first question that was waiting for me in my devotional was this....

"In what ways do the trivialities of life hinder us in our journey?"
I promise...I laughed a bit. I am ever amazed that God is always timing things to make me realize that He is an intimate God. He sees my struggle...and He is on it. When I allow Him, He is helping me be successful in Him. When I choose to leave Him in the dark, of course life is going to get more difficult. My circumstances may be the same either way...but how I am equipped to handle them...drastically different. I am weak on my own. I am focusing on me. I am trying to find a quick fix. All I come up with is usually failure, frustration, and offense.

My answer to my question in my devotional was this...."Oh how this question speaks to me this morning. Trivial things. They are the things that keep me from my intimate time with God. Things that always 'need' done. Things that I see everytime I walk by. Things that would still be there AFTER I met with God. In my mind I think...If I just get this one little thing done, then I will meet with Him. Before I know it, yet another day full of little, insignificant things has passed by. And my King waited. Like a gentleman, He waited. He doesn't deserve to be kept waiting. He should always be the first priority. My first Love!"

I so needed that. Thank God for His patience today. If we got what we deserved, He would have given up on us long ago. Be stubborn in your desire to meet with Him. Use your free will to please Him...Daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment