Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Friday, February 3, 2012

God’s Spirit LIVES in You! Comfort? or Challenge?

When asked the question in the title above…how would you respond? In my answer…I would say both!

Knowing that the Spirit of God lives IN me is such an incredible comfort! When I don’t even know where to begin to know how to pray, the Spirit will go to the Father on my behalf. (Don’t take my word for it. Read Romans 8:26-29 and see for yourself.) What a comfort it is to know that the Spirit always has my back. He is my Defender. My Protector. What a comfort it is to know that He will whisper instructions to me through any situation or circumstance I might find myself in.

The challenge…is knowing that that same Spirit saw what I did to get myself into those situations. Ugh! What a challenge it is to know that we are dealing with a true gentleman. I don’t know about you…but when I think of a gentleman according to 'human' terms...I don’t tend to see a Mighty Warrior. When I feel like I am being attacked and beat down from all angles, I don’t want a stuffy man in a 3-piece suit coming to my rescue? I want a man suited up in armor, prepared for a battle!

Our Mighty Warrior isn’t one to second guess. He is 100% up for the challenge. But that same Mighty Warrior is a gentleman. He will not fight for us when we are doing it in our own strength, not bothering to ask or sometimes even refusing help. What a challenge it is to allow the Spirit to pray and work when our fists are clenched tight and waiting to strike. Or when our mouths and minds are already forming the hurtful words we will sling back to our offenders.

God is not ever a disappointment when it comes to battling for His children! If you are disappointed that He didn't come to your rescue when you were fighting, take a minute to stop and think. Did you ever ask for His help? Did you ever seek His council or advice? Did you surround yourself with His people? Did you pray without ceasing?

What a challenge it is to know He knows each thought. Hears each word. Sees each action of our every day. How embarrassing we are to ourselves and our profession of faith. Don’t beat yourself up though…

What a comfort it is to KNOW that His grace is sufficient for me and all that I am. God is good…ALL the time! And I am getting closer and closer to Him each day I spend intimate time at His feet. How about you? When do you have an intimate conversation with Him? Conversation… as in two sides. You speak to Him…and He speaks to you. If you don’t spend time getting to know His heart…how could you possibly understand His love?

Make time today. Set a time to sit and be with Him daily. It will benefit you way more than it inconveniences you. If you are trying to fight in your strength, He will wait. Seems like it would be beneficial to ask Him to join in right in the beginning, huh? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment