Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Expect Grace? Extend Grace!

Do you ever feel like your own words come back to bite you in the butt? This happens so often it is almost funny. As soon as I get over the fact that it is frustrating… No kidding too…as soon as I posted those words the other day about the love of God being enough…I was challenged. I faced a situation where my silent expectations of people were not met. So now what? Ugh…how quickly I forgot the words that God spoke to me. His love is enough. His love will never disappoint. If I never feel love like I desire from ‘man’ that is okay, because God’s love is sufficient for me.

How is it that my own words can do that so often? It makes me realize how much the enemy really does loathe me. He hates the written words of life as much as I love them. I have choices. What now? Do I hold onto my offense? Do I silently rehearse the conversations that I will have with people regarding this situation so my fists are clenched?

Or do I allow the Spirit to do His work? Do I let Him be our defense? Do I pass this test? Do I keep fighting the author of lies and keep writing just to further tick Him off? I think so. I think I will do just that. Ha-ha! Make the enemy cringe with each time I push the word “Publish”. Yep, that is what I will do. Write. And write. Forgive and forget. Be humble and meek. Powerful and confident. Look to God for my complete love.

And then…there is grace. (To me…it is like a twin of forgiveness. Close as close can be…but still different.) How do I extend grace? How do I expect grace?

I expect grace from people that know the Word of God. I expect grace from people who live to please Him. I expect grace from people who love me. I expect grace from people who know that the rules and regulations that have held us in religion are dead…and relationship is alive. I expect grace from people who can look past my shortcomings and see Christ in me. I expect grace from people who desire to please God over men.

So when do I extend grace? Not often enough, I am learning. How lovely it is to know that God is patient with us. And now that I know what I expect…I had better be willing to extend it on those terms as well. I love the Christ that I am coming to know more each day I put in the effort. And I am so thankful for His effort back to me.

This relationship we all have with God is not complicated. It is written in black and white. Pages and pages of instruction. Of warning. Of encouragement. Of examples. Now go be His hand. Show His heart. Walk where Jesus walked. And walk where He didn’t…

Where is He sending you? Who is He placing in your path to make a difference? Who is the object of your goal? Is Christ calling you to new avenues in your faith? Is He calling you to reach out to new people? Is He asking you to take steps out of your comfort zone?

I know He is asking me. He is leading me to the path that HE desires for me. And you know what…He is blessing me for my obedience. Man…I don’t deserve His goodness. I don’t deserve this grace I so easily receive. So that is my cue to give that same grace to those that I am surrounded by who don’t ‘deserve’ it. I am not the judge. I am not the jury. I am the servant. And I release myself from any of those roles I subconsciously took upon myself.

I am free to extend grace. Grace is free for the taking. The enemy thought his test would make me stumble. He wanted me to face plant in my bitterness and unforgiveness. But you see…God told me that I am stronger than I think I am. And I am surely stronger than the enemy gives me credit for. I love that!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment