Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What’s Love Got To Do With It?

2012 Fall 462

EVERYTHING!! Oh how I love God’s gentle, in-my-face, reminders of how much I am loved. It was completely unnecessary…and  yet vital for my well-being. I know that makes no sense. Let’s move on.

Do you ever have days, or weeks…when everything you hear or read goes straight to your core? I am having a month like that. It feels great. I would prefer for the tears to not ALWAYS have to show themselves…but I am used to it. =/ Sunday I was listening to Chip Ingram and it was like he was talking to just me. At one point he said the following statement, “It is an awesome thing to be loved in an untimely way, not on your own terms. And it takes humility to accept it sometimes.”

The words sunk deep. There they sat. Waiting to be fully fathomed. He went on to say that ‘authentic community is rare and that is why it is so powerful.” Silence. I have no words to describe how much I want authentic community. Community that loves and encourages. Community that accepts and uplifts. Community that prays for one another even when it is not convenient. That WOULD be a powerful place to reside!!

Later Sunday night I got a random text from a dear friend. Assurance that I have not been left out in the dark and forgotten. She asked one simple and incredibly powerful thing. “How can I pray for you?” When I finally answered her she gave me these verses in response. Promises that I can read and reread. Stand on. And share.

“And the God of grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.” 1 Peter 5:10 (NIV)

“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:26 (NIV)

As if that didn’t prove that I am wholly loved by my Creator…today I found a letter laying on my bed. These words are the most precious to me. These words prove that I am leading by example. My kids are watching, and they are doing what they know I love. Encouragement by way of the written word. My favorite thing to do. My favorite thing to receive. And my favorite trait, of myself, in my children.

Here is what the letter said as written by my seven year old…

“Hello Mom. This letter just came to my heart. Thank you for being kind. I love you as a mom. I love you. When I wrote in my poetry journal I put your name in there. I didn’t put Vanesa because you don’t me to say that word. Well that’s not really a word but it is a name, right? Yes or no?

I know I already know I said this, but I love you. I hope I’m being a good kid…”

From there it goes on to talk about WII games and there is even a little connect the dot game for me to enjoy. Haha!

So if there is any doubt…know that you are LOVED! I am praying for you, whoever you are. I am praying for God to show His love to you in a real way today. Simple…yet powerful. Go out and be the love of God to someone else today. There is nothing like serving Christ. It brings joy to sadness. It brings light to darkness. It brings promise to despair!

No comments:

Post a Comment