Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I need my beauty sleep

That is what my 4 year old daughter told me yesterday. She wanted to know if she could lay on my shoulder while we were driving...because she needed her beauty sleep. I laughed right out loud. I know I am biased...but I think she is flat out gorgeous. Sleep though, oh it does NOT do good things to those long golden locks of hers. Haha. Major bedhead! I have pictures if you don't believe me. ;)

But this did get me thinking. Ever gone to bed feeling defeated? How did you wake up the next morning? Refreshed? With a new perspective? God's mercies are new every morning.  Lamentations 3:22 "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." 

How awesome is that? Sometimes all we need is a bit of time to not think out of emotion...but with a sound mind. Isn't that what we would prefer? Coincidence?...Doubtful! We will not be consumed by the things that satan throws at us. We will not be suffocated by his plans to destroy us. Because we have the love of God. We have the compassion of God. We have the faithfulness of God on our side. Those are some mighty powerful tools working in our favor.

Is there someone or a situation that God brings to your mind when you read this? Did you react out of emotion...and now you need to show the love, compassion and faithfulness of God? Ask for the wisdom to know when to approach such a subject. Ask for words that are of Christ. Ask for a divine appointment. I know I am. You think these posts are for you? They might be...but God is speaking to me too. *sigh* It might not be easy...but the things that mean the most to you in life rarely are.

Love with pureness. Pray with passion. Speak with confidence. Sing with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment