Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Friday, March 4, 2011

If it isn't one thing...

...it is another. You know how it goes. Once you finally beat satan at his own game...he comes up with new ways to try to beat you down. It may have taken me a few days...but I am so on to him. And I am covered in prayer and encouragement.

I serve a God who will not leave me stranded. I serve a God who's strength far surpasses mine. I serve a compassionate God. I serve a purposeful God. I serve an all-knowing God. I serve a God who was there at satan's beginning. And I serve a God who knows his end! I feel empowered just knowing that.

Feeling weak? Me too, these last couple of days. satan lies were reaching a new area in my head...and I was allowing the lies to filter through. He made it real personal. I was allowing myself to hinge my emotions and reactions on the lies that were being told to me.

But, be empowered! Know that God hears your cry. Know that God has your future covered by the blood that was shed by His Son. Know that God does not leave you to fight alone. He strategically places people in your life. He knows all. He sees all. He hears all. He has seen the end. He knows satans end. So stand firm on what you know of God. Speak to satan with authority in Jesus name.

Focus on what God is doing in your life. Speak praises. Worship. Read the Word of God. Pray with people. Smile. Love! It will be hard to have time to entertain the lies of satan if you keep yourself occupied with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment