Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bloom Where you are Planted

We’ve all probably heard that before. ‘Bloom where you are planted.’ You know me. I can make anything into a devotional lesson. Lol! And that is just what I had in mind when I took these pictures a few weeks ago. In my opinion, the flowers pictured below would be much more beautiful if they weren’t growing under a big maple tree. Because then they wouldn’t be surrounded by dead leaves and small, fallen branches. In the light of the sun though…they open up (see picture #3) and are beautiful, no matter what surrounds them. Did you get that? Let me help you apply it. ;) “In the light of the Son we too can show true beauty in all places and situations .” And that beauty isn’t measured in the weight on your scale. Or the skill level of your make-up regimen. Or the outfits that you put together.

True beauty is from within. Don’t believe me. Let’s go to the Word of Truth and Knowledge. 1 Peter 3:3-4 “Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

Do you desire to be looked upon as a woman/man of great worth? Who’s scale are you comparing yourself to? Are you worried about how you stack up next to your friends? Or family? Or fellow church members? Or maybe your struggle is comparing yourself with people with the same gifts and talents. Let those be your verses for today. When you are feeling down on yourself…remember that a gentle and quiet spirit before God…is unfading. Remember that the Son of God…makes your world shine brighter…not fade away. And remember that He holds those things up as great worth! You are beautiful…and don’t let the enemy (or your circumstance) tell you differently.

 

2012 Spring 007 Do you ever feel like this is you? You are trying to gain strength, grow stronger…and you keep finding obstacles every way you turn.

2012 Spring 022Or is this you? You are trying to be pure…and yet are surrounded by the dark, dead and ugly.

2012 Spring 054 Do not doubt your ability to be transformed in the likeness of Christ. Look at how gorgeous this spring flower is amidst the deadness of fall that surrounds it. It is alive. No one can doubt the life that shines through it because it stands out in the dead and dark of its surroundings. And you can’t help but to smile at the vivid colors among the dreary.

 

Spring. It brings life. It brings color. It brings a fresh start for new ideas. I love spring in PA. It is a lovely season. No more snow. No more salt on the edges of the roads. No more sliding into ditches. No more bundling up from head to toe.

It brings warmth from the sunshine. Good things are to come. Beautiful things. Things that remind us of our Creator.

What is your spring like? Do you rejoice at the sight of new buds? (Speaking of buds. I ‘planted?’ some flowers last fall. Sort of. I say the word planted with a question mark because I wasn’t sure if they were going to live. And because I was unsure if they would even live because I had neglected them for so long…I wasn’t sure if I wanted to waste my time and energy in digging holes if they were just going to die. So what did I do? I dumped them in different places on the side of my shed. Yep…dumped. As in on top of the grass…in clumps. (My ‘green thumb’ is not quite developed. Ha-ha!) And to my surprise this spring…they are growing. Green leaves are emerging from the clumps of dirt that fell out with the bulbs that I planted dumped last fall. So I did officially plant them around my shed.  As in dug holes and gently placed the bulbs into said holes. Then recovered with fresh soil. I look at them almost daily when I walk by to see how they’ve grown. I know I have no right…but I am proud of myself. Lol! Sad huh? I honestly don’t even remember what type of flowers will appear. Oh how I love the surprises of spring!)

I love a fresh start! I love new life! I am excited for what is to come this year! I had a word from God spoken over me a few weeks ago. “It is going to begin to come easy for you. What you have been trying to do…will now be easy.” Whew…sometimes I need simple and easy. Praise God for something to look forward to! I can’t wait to see what those words entail for me. I have ideas…but I will wait on God to reveal them for sure. After all, I want His will above mine!

What does this fresh start mean to you? What new adventures are you looking forward to? I am praying for you out there in blogger-land. I may not know you. I have no idea what you are facing. But I pray for the people that this blog reaches. And that includes you! God knows you better than I…and I trust He is pouring His love on you.

 

2012 Spring 021How much easier it is to bloom when you are surrounded by life! Sometimes it takes going through trials to make you appreciate the easy life. Worry is not for us, as Christians. We have faith. We have trust in our Maker. We have the Word of Life. We have the Spirit to intercede on our behalf. Surround yourself with like-minded, life. People who are in your corner rooting for you to succeed for Christ. Pray them in. And pour out the love of Christ to each person you meet. (Even the difficult ones. Ugh, I hear ya…but it will be worth your effort!)

Bloom. And encourage others to bloom.

Share your gifts from God. Encourage others to share theirs.

Speak. And encourage others to speak words of Life.

Love. And encourage others to love.

Forgive and forget.

This is a fresh start for you. It is never too late to decide that you want to strive to be more like Christ. This is your year. Claim it…and start changing today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment