Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Work Work Work (Day NINETEEN-30 Day Challenge)

How many hours a day do you spend at work? Take the number and multiply it by the number of days you work in a week...and then how many weeks you work a year. I'm not really asking you to do the math. And I promise, I'm not trying to depress you. Lol! I'm certainly not doing the math, this early in the morning, on my end. (Just for the record...my husband would totally have a number in his head already. No idiot machine (calculator) required. He throws out random numbers that make sense to no one...and comes up with the right answer. Every time. Every. Stinkin. Time!) For me... it is tooooooo early for such things. Speaking of math though. In high school I woke up EARLY to take Calculus, which I understood absolutely NONE of. Oy...who does that!?! *Vanesa shudders*

The point I am trying to make with all the math superstar babble, is that most of us spend a lot of the hours of our day at work. Out of one 24 hour day...many people spend over 1/3 of it at work. That leaves them with 2/3 to do as they please...but sleep has GOT to be almost another 1/3. Do the math...how much is left?!

When you really sit back and think about your day to day...would you say that you invite God to all three 1/3's of each day? Right before you sleep do you talk to God about your previous and upcoming day? Do you thank Him for today and ask for His will for tomorrow? Or do you fall asleep to the needless noise of your television? God longs to hear from you. He would love for you to tell Him all about the day you just had. He saw it...but He loves to see it through your eyes! Invite Him to your night of slumber. Make Him the last thing you think of before you lay that pretty little head down.

Now lets go to the personal/family time portion of your days. Do you make Him a part of those hours? Does He have a leading role...or is He just an extra on the scene? Is He visible but unnoticed. Is He ready and hopeful but in the way and ignored.

God is not meant to be an extra in your life. He is to be the director. The director who allows you to have your own creative inspiration...and who stops you when what your doing isn't working. He sees something different and specific that you can't see on His screen. You are a part of His cast...and He wants to give you opportunity to shine! Invite Him.



He sits down at his desk and let's out a sigh. Not of relief...but of frustration and disgust. He's tried everything he could think of...and he's out.of.options. He wants to help his clients. He wants to further their business and his company...but the outlook is not looking good. One by one he gets rejected. Phone call after phone call...no one is willing to offer help. What now?

Invite Him. Work is such a HUGE part of your day, week, year, life. Why would you think it would be a good idea to leave God out of it?! Or have you really not thought of it? He sees your struggle. He has some stellar ideas for you...just ask and be willing to listen. You would humble yourself before you boss and ask for help...so why not God? Why is He not a huge part of every aspect of your work day?!

This man is well respected and trusted by his clients. At this point, the man who always has something to say...has nothing. He has no idea what he will tell them. He is just sick about it. Then he feels the urgency to pray. God says..."Make one last phone call." He argues that he has already tried that. God says, "Do you trust me?" The man reaches for the phone and prays...'God give me favor so that I might speak of your faithfulness in my workplace.'

How much different would your days be if you invited God...like really asked Him to be IN each meeting, phone conversation, presentation and appointment you had. Every. Single. One! How much would your company flourish? What is stopping you? The answer is simple. The enemy is distracting and frustrating you...and you are following his scheme like a puppy follows anything that moves. Lol!

Do you have an impossible situation that you have no idea how to handle? You know, the type of scenario where no matter what you can come up with, no one wins. Let me give you a few great reasons to invite Him to help......

1. "'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,' declares The Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

2. "Now to Him who is able to to immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

If you can't come up with an answer...don't doubt that God can. His thoughts are not yours. They are nothing like them. They are far above and way outside of the box you are capable of thinking in. And if you don't ask...how are you ever going to get the 'immeasurably more' than He promises?! It doesn't make sense to not ask does it? It surely isn't the smartest decision you have made...to suffer on your own and be okay with it. Ask. For the sake of your sanity. For the moving forward with your business and for the sake of your clients...invite God to be the head of it. And encourage your employees to do the same.

He sits back and sighs. This time with a smile on his face and a tear in his eye. God blessed him. He had left God out of the entire process...and God still chose to bless Him the moment he asked. His faith gained strength that day. His business would never be the same. And his trust in God...it had to be shared! He picked up the phone to call his client...with an amazing testimony. It all became reality because his heart was soft, his intention was pure and he was willing to extend...a simple invitation.

2 comments:

  1. "Invite Him to your night of slumber." I am so drawn to this thought, Vanesa! Psalm 16:7 says, "I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me." It's a prayer I often say as I'm drifting off. How would it be, really (I ask myself) if I reached for His Hand, rather than a Tylenol PM, to help me rest fully?
    Thank you for all aspects of this particular blog post, and especially the slumbering part!

    ReplyDelete