Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

And then we have emotions...

Emotions. They can be a helpful tool for ministering...and they can be my worst enemy. People respond, people open up when they can see how much your heart aches for them. I know that God designed me. I know that my emotions can be used for His glory and His purpose. I also know that the enemy can use what God meant for good...and put his own ugly spin on it. Ugh...what a brat huh? ;)
Here is a visual for some of the emotions I am about to list. =)

Below are some of the emotions that I associate with some of my times of great pain.
Sadness.
Anger.
Sorrow.
Joylessness.
Resentment.
Lack of zeal.
Darkness.
Frustration.
Weeping.
Envy.
Depression.
Despair.
Lost.
Lifeless.
Alone.
Awkward.
Unwanted.
Left-out.
Without hope.
Thoughts of death.
Fear.

But how great is my God...that he conquered each and every one of those emotions. He brought me through them victoriously. He had me look satan in the face and say..."I always win! You will not defeat me! Get behind me. Stop tormenting me though _____________ (fill in the blank with whatever emotion you are feeling that is not of God)!"

Pure joy! Innocence. Happiness. Love. Trust. Faith like a child...untainted and complete!


One of my favorite new songs is Our God by Chris Tomlin. Make it personal. Read these words about your God...outloud. Feel the power that they hold!

My God is Greater!
My God is Stronger!
My God You are Higher than any other!
My God is Healer!
Awesome in Power! My God!

Don't let your emotions run your life. Speak to your mountain. Command it to move in the Power of Jesus name. Don't settle for emotions that are not from Christ.

You should not feel shame. You should feel forgiven In Jesus' name.
You should not feel broken. You should feel whole in Jesus' name.
You should not feel depressed. You should feel joyful in Jesus' name.
You should not feel resentment. You should feel compassion in Jesus' name.
You should not feel lifeless. You should feel blessed to live another day with Jesus in your heart.

Have a blessed day all! I am so blessed and so excited to be using my gifts for the glory of my powerful God! He alone is worthy to be praised!!

No comments:

Post a Comment