Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Take the Greed Quiz

I was doing my devotions the other day…and what do ya know…it resulted in a blog post. Lol! This is a usual for me. God teaches me something…and shows me how to pass it on to whoever is hungry for more of His knowledge revealed.

The subject of choice…greed. Ack! I know some people who I would classify as greedy. How about you? I am sure you could think of someone if you thought real hard. It isn’t just me right? (By the way…I do not condone that behavior. I hate that specific people subconsciously popped into my head when asked to define greed. Judging at it’s finest. =( I learned from it though. That is the purpose of writing it down. To see the enemy’s thoughts as my own…and throw them back in his face with a new revelation from my favorite Author…God!)

So when I was asked the question, “What is your definition of greed?”…I was struggling to not list qualities of the people I know. See, awful huh? I know. God and I have dealt with it. I had to make a conscious effort from that point on to make general worldly categorized statements…instead of specific examples. My definition of greed was a bit surprising to me. And extremely humbling!

Wanna take a quiz with me? Read through my greed defining statements and mentally check the ones that describe you at times. I did it and I was embarrassed. You know those people I couldn’t help but think of above? Ugh…how it hurts to be judged so easily and carelessly. I get it! Warning…if you are having a bad day…maybe wait until later. =) I don’t want to pull you down further. Just to help you realize what God has to teach you for today.

Greed is never being satisfied.

Greed is being envious.

Greed is not being able to rejoice when others succeed or are blessed.

Greed is saving when you know you are supposed to be giving.

Greed is dreaming of wealth and nice things to the extreme of pointless obsession.

Greed is becoming desensitized to the hurting around you.

Greed is treating people differently according to what they can do for you.

Greed is believing that the most money= the most important.

Greed is laying down your morals for the sake of personal gain.

Greed is buying on credit with no plan or hope to pay it off.

Greed is the thrill of the purchase with the remorse of the effects to come.

Greed is dangling your belongings in front of others to puff yourself up.

Greed is discontent with how you are being provided for.

Greed is hiding purchases from your spouse/family.

Greed is keeping the good stuff for yourself (example: my hidden a stash of Dove chocolates or Lindt Lindor Truffles…lol)

Greed has absolutely nothing to do with money…and everything to do with the hands and heart that hold it.

Ouch! I’m ashamed to admit how many of those describe me at times. This list is like my own little chapter of Proverbs. As I have said before. Proverbs is like a kick in the stomach to me. Lol! “A wise man ___________(lists what is right there)…but a fool _____________(lists what I do there).” If any of those, or many of those make you feel a bit guilty…you are not alone.

Conviction doesn’t feel good.


 But correction…the point in which you apply your knowledge of right and wrong…that feels amazing!















Let’s end with one of my favorite Proverbs. I mentioned it in a recent post. And just incase you didn’t look it up…I will take time out of my busy day to type it for you. ;)
Proverbs 12:1 “Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.”
Don’t be stupid. (That is what I wrote to myself beside this verse in my Bible.) I smile every time I read it. And it speaks mountains to me when I feel convicted and don’t want to accept it. When I do though…oh how I imagine God can finally high five the angels around Him. I am a work of art…and so far from being finished. But the days that I have breakthroughs…those are the days that God can add the vividness to His masterpiece. And I hope you can agree that when your world is bright and vivid you are happier. Brightness and vivid colors are signs of life! Breakthrough the chains that hold you in a place of greed. Your life will never be the same!Conviction doesn’t feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment