Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Monday, March 21, 2011

No...I don't do that. Do I?

Question: Why do we tend to devalue people when they irritate us?

Well, if we were to always see people as their true value. As sons and daughters of The Most High God. As co-heirs with Christ. We would not feel right about being irritated. If, we can see them through the eyes of the world...that judgement just doesn't seem quite so harsh.

We see them as less for our own sake. Our own guilt. Our own shame. We can lessen the blow to our own self-esteem if we can just talk ourselves into believing that we 'have a right' to be irritated.

I don't know about you...but I have not been treating ALL people as though they are God's precious children. Jesus is always our ultimate example. If He had gotten irritated everytime He was tugged on. Interrupted. Woken up. Kept behind. Followed. -People would have missed out. Healings would have been missed. Prayers would never have been interceded. Lives would not have been changed. Salvations would have been lost. People would have stayed in their brokenness...whatever form it came in...just because Jesus was irritated they dare interrupt His sleep, His prayer, His journey, His sermon? Thank goodness we don't serve a God like us. But, the hope of Christ is in His revelation.

When God reveals the devil to you. his sneaky ways. his schemes. his lies. his weakness. You now hold the power through Christ. Knowledge. Revelation. These are the things that satan fears.

He had better fear me. I become stronger everyday. Everyday I become more of a powerhouse for Christ. I am tired of being used for evil without my own awareness of it. I want to stop infecting people...and start affecting them! Who's with me??

No comments:

Post a Comment