Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

True selflessness

My devotional today asked me this question..."What does God's willingness to become human say to you about His compassion for you?"

My response...
It is unlike any other. It proves that He is selfless. That He had our heart, our life, our future in mind while He was suffering. It proves that we serve a compassionate God, and when we show compassion to others...we have a trait of Christ. It proves that He did it for all of us, knowing that we would be sinful. It proves that He planned on forgiveness being our saving grace. IF He had planned on NOT forgiving even ONE of our sins...then His choice to become like us would have been pointless. We can only enter Heaven without blemish. That means the blood shed on the cross had to cover each and every sin!

Show compassion to someone who doesn't seem to deserve it. You didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment