Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Feeling grateful?

Today...I am feeling grateful for the people that God has put in my path. I am sure that you have similar feelings if you sit and think about it. Who do you count on? Who do you call when you need prayer? Who always brightens your day? Who extends a hand when you are in need?

What do you do about it? My suggestion....tell them. Tell those that mean so much to you...that they mean so much to you. Tell your doctor that you appreciate him/her, and how carefully they listen to you. Tell your husband how much you appreciate all that he does for your family. Tell your children how much you enjoy spending time with them...and how grateful you are that God entrusted them to you. Tell your pastor that he is speaking right to your heart. Tell your neighbor that you appreciate their patience with your dogs chasing theirs through their yard, and barking, and...oh wait...maybe that is just me. Haha!

I am about to do this very thing. You see, our doctor is sweet. She is gentle. She is calming. She is reassuring. She is patient. She is compassionate. She is knowledgeable. She is kind. She is always smiling. She is strong. She is confident. She is understanding.

And she said words that meant so much to me...when I really needed to hear them. "You are a good mom." Words that I did not take lightly...in all that I was going through at that time. Words that lifted my Spirit, when I felt like I was at rock bottom. Words that spoke to my mountain...and to my deceiver who was whispering the opposite to me.

I appreciate her! I know that God knew that I would need her. I am so blessed to know her...and to entrust my family to her care. Today...I am going to tell her! How about you? Who are you grateful for? What keeps you from telling them? Writing...that is how I am going to express my gratitude. Because then she can read it as often as she needs. To reassure herself that..."She is a good doctor." =)

1 comment:

  1. love this. Thinking about you all today and hoping that the little man is doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete