Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Day to Relax and Enjoy

This was my day yesterday. It started with this...
 
 A few Cocoa Crunchies...and a wonderful discovery. On the back of the bag of Starbucks coffee...
 
 It says bring in your empty bag of coffee...and they will give you a free cup-o-joe. I am totally doing this! Starbucks makes me feel fancy. There isn't much that makes me feel fancy...but coffee from any coffee house makes me feel fancy. Have I said fancy enough for you? Ok me too. Coffee from a gas station...not fancy. (I just had to.)

 
 Mmm...nothing like a fresh cup of coffee with my fave Coconut Creme. (Stop drooling near electronic devices...the two don't mix well.)

 
 And this was the rest of my day. Chatting with my friend, the knitter, and me scrappin'. I'd been wanting to do this page since I printed the pics back in April. When my son saw them...he was not too happy. (I should care more than I do...really I should. Haha!)

 
 I got the 'ransom note' lettering idea from the latest issue of Creating keepsakes. It went well with my jail type background...and the fact that I was writing the word BLACKMAIL. Haha!

 
 While I was putting on the finishing touches last night...Aiden came over to ask me about these pictures of him. He does not know what Blackmail is...I did not explain. He did ask how old he was in the pics. I laughed and said 6. (He turned 7 in May...which means that this pic was taken sometime last winter.) This realization only added to his embarrassment.

 
And at the bottom I added the definition of the word 'treasure'. He is an absolute treasure as a big brother. Not all big brothers would play dress up to make their little sister happy. I LOVE that he will play house and she will run football plays. (Seriously...they were doing this in my house the other night. Set....Hike!)


Oh that reminds me...I gotta show you this pic from my son's first football game on Saturday. The team was lining up to stretch....

 
...do you notice the little visitor? Haha! My little man, Levi, went out on the field to be with his big brother. So cute. Photo op first...then rescue child from lineup. That is now...and will always be the order.


Aiden playing quarterback in his first ever football game. So cute. Oh...and they won. 24-12



Tonight is game number two. Yipee! I am lovin' it already! (Although game 1 1/2 is happening in my living room right now as I type. Oh so much bed head... ;)

Have a blessed day all. Make time for you. Have some quiet time with your Savior. Sit down. Have a cup of coffee. Read the Word...and enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment