Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Don't underestimate your power

This is going to be short and sweet. I know...so unlike me. Haha! I just have to write it though...and I don't have a lot of time today.

Don't underestimate your power. That can mean so many things!! To me, this day, it means the power of encouragement. It is one of my spiritual giftings...so I recognize it quickly.

Do you ever hesitate to share what God is speaking to you? Do you ever doubt that it was from God even after you have been obedient? Have you heard someone else speak at God's request...and felt like they should know it touched you? This is your chance. Your chance to understand that when we encourage each other in the ways of Christ...it makes it easier to do the next time. When we don't feel like we went out on a limb for the good of no one...it can be a reminder for the next time God tugs.

So speak those words of life. Speak encouragement. Don't stay silent and assume that your pastor knows how much you appreciate  him. Don't forget to tell your children's sunday school teacher how much you appreciate the sacrifice they make to show God to your kids. Don't let another day go by when you make your schedule more important than God's. He isn't into rigid routines. He is into His people. Your encouragement might be the only nice thing someone hears all day. How awesome would it be to be a bright spot in someone's day?

Okay..not as short as I thought. No surprise! Haha!

Love with a heart like your Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment