Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gotta luv the lightbulb moments

I had one of those moments on Sunday. It is all about 'revelation'. Thanks Kara. =) Powerful words that you have been praying. I don't take them lightly!

I, for years, have felt connections with people who are going through a time in their life. I don't say rough time...b/c it isn't always that. Sometimes I feel joy with people that I hardly know. Sometimes it is sorrow for something I have never, myself, experienced. Sometimes it is pain when they are hurt by someone they trusted. Whatever it be...I never knew why I so instantly 'felt' for some people.

Sunday, Pastor Al put it into words that made so much sense. Compassion. Some of us have it. Others...not so much. =/ What is the big deal? We have all heard that word thrown around. So what...some crazy girl has compassion for the drunk lady at a bar...stops and prays with her. What is the revelation?

Do you believe that we serve a compassionate God? I sure hope so...because I do. Do you long to be more like Christ? To have traits within you, that are Christ-like. Again...I hope so. I want as many traits of Christ as I can get. When you feel a strange connection with someone that you don't understand. When you feel an instant love for someone, and you have no idea why. Remember, the God that you serve is full of compassion. He can and will use us to show His heart. How awesome is that?!?

When we are in tune with Christ. We can hear His voice. We can feel His compassion...for others. We can speak His words. We can sing His song. We can wholly love.

God will put people in our paths to show compassion to. To show love to. To pray for. To serve. These people are not obstacles of our goal, but objects of our goal. Don't view them as being in your way. Instead, see them through the eyes of Christ. Know that He loves them just the way they are. Know that He made them just the way they are.

The coolest part of being able to show someone else God's compassion...God will change you in the process. He wants to use you...for you. You will help others. And be helping yourself at the same time. Wonderfully crafted cycle isn't it? Of course we want our intent to be pure. I want to help others so that they can come through their situation victorious...but I end up feeling blessed. Amazing! God is so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment