Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This is crazy

Okay so here's the deal. I was in the middle of cleaning up a huge mess from my Valentine's Day present. (I will explain later.) And I heard a knock on the door. Knowing that my kitchen was a complete disaster...and I had not showered at all today...I was a bit reluctant to even answer it. But curiosity...and loud children...got the best of me. I open the door to see a man working for the company of my internet provider. He was here to collect my modem. This is horrible news for me and my blog. I knew it had nothing to do with him. He was very apologetic. When I called to inquire about this sudden change, the company said that they were 'reconfiguring their system'...whatever that means. So I was unplugging the system from the wall...and I started to cry. Then I started yelling at myself (in my head) for crying over this. Seemed so silly. But I know how much this blog has meant to me. I know how excited I have been to be used by God, in so many ways, in such a short time. So I was saddened. Now I knew that I couldn't even get on to tell you about my present from my husband.

For whatever reason...I decided to get online and check my computer. (I asked a woman of God to pray for my internet a little while ago. Seemed silly...but I knew that this was coming...and us laid-back-country folk don't have a lot of other options. She said she would...and here I am. With no internet provider, online, writing this blog post.) *shruggs shoulders* Everyday that I am able to post...you will know that God provided a miracle for me. I have no other explaination. =) And I don't need one.

So, first of all my chocolate wrapper. Then Valentine's Day. Suspense...ya know. To keep you reading. ;)

"Find your passion"
I am not sure that the makers of Dove Milk Chocolates meant the same thing as I am thinking for passion. But just stay with me for a minute.

Passion. That is what I feel about writing. Something that takes me to a place where I am willingly, and excitedly used by God. My hand is guided by God when He is the one who has set up the divine appointment. My heart has compassion for people that I hardly know or have never met. My mind is focused, when there is chaos happening around me. (Four kids and all. Haha!) My emotions connect with whatever that person is going through. That is how I describe my passion.

Passion. That is also what I feel about singing. I have more confidence than normal when I sing a song to the King. I close my eyes and forget about all of the people around me. I weep silently at how amazing God is, and how little I deserve Him. I long to honor and impress Him with my love songs to Him. I feel empowered that satan is shaking when I am praising. Heaven is going to be full of praising our King...and satan knows that. It is as if Heaven and earth meet when we sing with our whole heart and Spirit. I feel vulnerable to the move of God when I am worshipping Him so intimately. That is how I describe my passion.

What is yours? Haven't found it? I would LOVE to pray that God will reveal it to you. He wants to use you. He doesn't need to. But He wants to. He loves you. He designed you. He gave you your gifts and abilities. Find your strengths and weaknesses...and use them according to God's perfect purpose. I am always speaking about purpose...because it is vital. You can have great plans. Ones that would be pleasing to God. But make sure that His gain is your purpose...not your own.

Okay...so for my Valentine's present...you are going to have to stay in suspense. I am having a bit of trouble getting the pictures to load. I will post this...and try again when I get dinner in the oven.

I am one blessed gal. I know it...and I am incredibly thankful for it! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment