Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A complete mess!

Good morning all! I am writing to you today from the maze that is my house. Haha! We are currently remodeling our entryway, boys' room, and bathroom...all at the same time. Not smart. Needless to say, it is a miracle that I can even get to this computer. Lol...I had to get through the maze in my dining room to be able to reach the chair even. So I may not be posting a lot this week. I am the professional (ok not so much)...mudder. I am the painter. I am the cleaner-up-er. I am also still the cook. And the childcare president. Oh...and the dogs! Ugh! I am so not complaining. I am just super busy this week. Because as soon as all of this is done...we move to the KITCHEN!!!! If you have ever seen it...you would know why this makes me soooo excited.

I will give you a little tidbit that has been running through my brain since Friday. Did you all get a chance to read the devotional that I linked...called "What type of book are you writing?" Sounds right up my ally. I have known that I would right a book for years. It just seems impossible for the season that I am currently in. Four small kids and all. =)  (I have decided that I am going to begin going through some of my past journalings and prayers...and write a devotional from them. Whoo hoo! God is GOOD!

On to the point of the post. *grins sheepishly* If you read the devotional, you will remember that it painted a picture for you. A picture that was not a pretty one. One where we throw insults and anger at people that we are called to love, and that Jesus is behind each one of them. When we scar their heart...we scar His. (Don't forget that there is forgiveness! I don't want to you to leave here feeling scarred!) The other side of this...change. When we became a follower of Christ...we were to become a new creation. Our old self was weak. Our old self was selfish. Our old self was without hope. Our old self was doomed!

Our new self....that is something to celebrate. Our new self is pure, through Christ. Our new self is righteous, through Christ. Our new self is whole, through Christ. Our new self is strong, through Christ. Our new self is confident, through Christ. Our new self is bold, through Christ. Our new self is compassionate, through Christ. Are you seeing the common factor in our new self. When we operate in Christ's power, we are who He sees us as. When we operate in our old self...ugh...are you ready for this? We are weak. We are selfish. And we scar the ones we love most. Time for a change huh? God is ready and willing to help you. Seek Him...and don't look back!

No comments:

Post a Comment