Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Feeling blank

Morning all! I am feeling a bit blank today. Maybe it is the day full of cleaning, remodeling, kids, meals, worship practice, and more remodeling while they sleep...that lies ahead. Haha! Again, not complaining. I am thankful that I am able to work on my house...and get it to look more like our Home. Just please forgive me for the next couple of weeks. I will try whenever God leads me to...to post what I feel. I just want to let you know that these next weeks are going to be full for me. Have patience with me. =)

I was just reading John 15:9-17...."9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17 This is my command: Love each other. "

Those are the words of Christ himself. "Love each other as I have loved you." How is that going for you? Because I know I have been failing in it lately. Not always treating everyone like they are co-heirs with Christ. Not always taking time to reach out to them when they need it most. These verses tend to humble you...quickly. Luckily, we serve a God that is full of grace and mercy. We serve a God that extends forgiveness...at the sincere asking. We serve a God that desires His best for us. Let's ask Him for spiritual healing before we even think of physical. Because in the words of Max Lucado..."When God offers you spiritual healing, and you only take the physical...it is like taking a scooter when offered a limo."

Take that limo for a spin. Scream praises from the roof. Make phone calls from the seat of luxury. Spread the word...God is in the business of healing. And He wants to start with your heart. He wants it to be pure. He wants your mind to think pure thoughts. He wants the words that flow from  your mouth to be uplifting.

I am really into speaking life lately. I am so tired of being beat down by those who I love and respect most. But as it says in Ephesians 6..."12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Fight against the author of lies.

No matter how many days go between my posts...know that I am praying for you. Whether I know you or not. I pray for the people that God sends to this blog. Be encouraged. You are a powerhouse with Christ in your corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment