Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Friday, April 29, 2011

A name of power!

So...I have to take a break in my prego journey for this post. I was at church this past Thursday night for a special speaker. During worship we were singing...and as soon as I said the name 'Jesus' my mind raced with all of the things that He is to me. As soon as I sat down I started to write them all down. This is my list...and I would love for you all to add to it. Tell me what He is to you!

Power.
Grace.
Forgiveness.
Self-less.
Mercy.
Righteous.
Perfect.
Healer.
Sacrifice.
Unconditional love.
Truth.
Creator.
King.
Alpha.
Omega.
Intoxicating.
Sweet.
Meek.
Gentle.
Spirit.
Mindful.
Considerate.
Gentleman.
Life.
Consistent.
Warrior.
Strength.
Living.
Worship.
Trinity.
Active.
Intelligent.
All-knowing.
All-powerful.
Soverign.
Savior.
Lord.
Father.
Friend.
Glorious.
Faithful.
Author.
Prayer.
Conversation.
Compassion.
Answer.
Vision.

What thoughts run through your mind about Jesus? What does that name of power mean to you?
 I pray that it means Savior...to you. I pray that it means Lord over your life. If it doesn't...I write this to reach out to you. I pray that you will seek Him. I pray that you will search for Him, and follow His voice. If you want to know how to do this...I would absolutely be delighted to pray for you. He has given me some of those traits that I listed. One of them...warrior. I am a warrior of prayer. And I love....love....LOVE to use the gifts that God has entrusted me with.

You can not possibly comprehend unconditional love if you don't believe in the name of Jesus. And it is worth fighting for! The enemy says wait. The enemy says you aren't good enough. The enemy says you don't fit in. The enemy says you are unworthy, unusable.

But I serve a God that sees me through the blood of His son....Jesus. I serve a God that knows that He doesn't create anyone unworthy or unusable for His Kingdom. Come as you are...and see the power of the name of Jesus. I love you, because God created you!

1 comment:

  1. From: Dawn Michelle Kalm

    How funny that this is what I have been struggling with as of late. That and how much I have missed church and was fearing that people would think that I didn't want to be there anymore [which is so far from the truth I can't even begin to express it. The enemy is so insidious in how he works]. And then satan just jumps in there and fills my mind and my heart with doubt. That I don't have anything to offer to such an amazing church filled with amazing people and so on and so on.
    And then, in scrolling on FB, I see something you sent to Jennifer. And it is your blog. So, being a lover of your blog, I clicked on it. And here are JUST the words I needed to hear. The reminder that "God don't make JUNK". I AM worthy in Him. And that He loves me. Just as I am. And that ALL this will pass and I will be back in worship again. I just have to trust in God's timing and learn from this time away [which is that I MISS EVERYONE SO VERY MUCH AND I MISS PREACHING. Well, not me preaching, but being preached to. ;-) ]

    Just wanted to share.

    ReplyDelete