Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

His mercy is new every morning!

I have been kind of dreading tomorrow...for a few weeks now. I was nervous. I was scared. I was unsure. Today...God spoke right to me. I was reading a daily devotional...and it was exactly what I needed. (L-O-V-E that!!)

You see, tomorrow morning I will be having surgery on an ankle that I injured 7 years ago. Before I had any children. I have never been put under anesthesia...and I have never had an incision that goes half way up my calf. I haven't had to do much 'recovering'....with a large family to take care of. But, I am about to.

Today, the devotional was talking about the 'backdrop' off life. And how the backdrops may change...but that we are forever people. Each 'backdrop' can showcase something positive if you are looking for it. If you hold Christ dear to your heart...this world is not your own. You are just passing through. Your home is in Heaven. That puts things into perspective. The next 6-8 weeks...are so minor and temporary compared to my eternity. I want to celebrate God...every day!

So, please pray with me. Pray that God will be my Protector. Pray that God will guide the hands of my surgeon. Pray that God will be with my home. Pray that God will make the work of my husband...light. Pray that God will be the strength of my husband. Pray that God will give us a peaceful home of rest. Pray that God will give me a speedy, and painless recovery. And pray that I will see Him...through every morsel of His goodness to me.

Praise God that He doesn't give up on us. That he gives us opportunity...after opportunity to listen to His voice. I love when I finally 'get it!' =) Have a blessed day all!! Hey...I guess I will have a lot of time over the next few weeks to write to you. Lol...that is positive thinkin' right there!

1 comment: