Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A side of guilt please...

I didn't order that...but that is what I got. I didn't realize that this would be a part of my healing process from my recent ankle surgery...but it surely is. Guilt. That I didn't get enough done beforehand. That I am not doing enough now. That I am not helping. That I am accepting help. That I am wishing I didn't have dogs. That I am happy when someone takes my kids for a few hours...because atleast then I can sit for more than 10 minutes at a time. Ugh!

So, I decided that instead of continuing to let it rack up. I would just write about it. I would let God teach me something through this. Because right now...it is hard. And I am just sad.

So what am I learning. Boy...people are really stepping up. My family and friends are surrounding me with things that I need. And even some things that I want. (Um...like dessert.) People are doing my laundry. People are doing my dishes. People are taking my kids. People are dropping off meals. People are doing chores in our barn. People are helping me wrap my very huge, probably stinky ankle with fresh bandages. People are praying for my recovery. And I am learning....

I am surrounded by wonderful, Godly people.
I am surrounded by Christ-like servants.
I am surrounded by prayer warriors.
I am surrounded by generosity.
I am surrounded by people that love me.
I am surrounded by people that genuinely care.
I have awesome friends.
I have an awesome church family.
I have a beautiful, wonderful mother!
I have a husband willing to help me in just about any way possible.
I AM BLESSED!

I do not believe that these feelings of guilt are from God. So, I dismiss them tonight. Right now. I am on my way to recovery. I on my way to a healthier me. I am on my way to being even more in love with Christ. And I have no room for guilt. It has no place in my heart!!

If you feel like this pray with me. And know that I am praying for you. I may not ever know it...but I am praying for hearts that are so full of guilt...that they don't see the blessings God has given to them. Say it with me...."There is no room for guilt in my heart. I am a daughter of the King. He will fill my heart to overflowing with HIM if I will just get out of His way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment