Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Forgiveness

Oh my...what a concept. Forgiveness! Ugh...the number one tool to keep Christians at war with each other. The enemy is good, but God is greater.

The enemy tells us that it is our right to get revenge.
God says He will handle it.

The enemy tells us that we should make them suffer for what they have done.
God says to turn the other cheek.

The enemy tells us that we have a right to hold their wrong-doings against them.
God says forgive and forget.

What a God we serve! He gives grace when we refuse. He shows mercy when we hold onto harsh emotion. He extends love when we harbor anger. Aren't you so glad that we are called to be like Him...instead of each other? Wow...what a world of difference a bit of perspective makes huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment