Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

This Trip We Call Life

The other day I was reading over one of my journal entries from this past August. I didn’t get much from it…and didn’t sit down here and share it…so I thought that was just wasted time. Until today. =) I love the way that God prepares us for what is to come. We are clueless…but we know that He works all things together. He is so good at his job. ;)

The answer I was reading over was to the following question. “Of all the kinds of journeys you can think of (road trips, camping, hiking, railroad, stagecoach, etc…), how would you best describe your life’s journey?”

My response…”Probably hiking for me. (Not that I ever really do much of it. Haha!) Some of the paths seem too difficult to conquer…but if you focus on one step at a time…you are there before you know it. Some of the paths look enticing, like an easy way out, but end up causing you much pain and discomfort. Things are not always as they seem. Some paths lead you ‘up’ to your goal destination. Some detour you from it. And you would never appreciate the relaxing down-hill stroll…if you didn’t have some mountains to climb over. In the end, the struggle of the hike is worth the view from the top. Breathtaking!

So today, when my pastor was giving a message on ‘The Journey’, this page I wrote kept coming to my mind. I may have even typed that to you all before. I honestly can’t remember for sure, but there is more to it this time…so please read on. =)

We read a passage from Luke chapter 24. Click here and start in verse 13 and read the story of “The Road to Emmaus”. Go ahead…I will wait. =)

If you are like me…and sometimes you feel a bit lazy, I guess I will go ahead and summarize for you.
These men were walking several miles on the road to Emmaus…but they were supposed to be in Jerusalem. On their ‘journey’ they met Jesus…only they could not tell it was Him. They told Him of Himself. Haha! They told him about what had just happened. (This was just after the crucifixion and death of Jesus.) He told them story after story of truths from the Bible. Finally as the trip ended, they could recognize Jesus. So, what did they do…they went back to Jerusalem. (Where they should’ve been in the first place. Haha!)

What does that speak to us? Well first, they didn’t stay where they were told. I am sure we all never do that! ;) Even though they were traveling in the wrong direction, Jesus still met them where they were. He walked along side them. He spoke with them. As soon as they realized it was Jesus they were with, they wanted to go back to where they were supposed to have been in the first place.

Do you ever feel as though you are doing the wrong thing? Not necessarily sinful, just incorrect for where you are headed. Like you aren’t even traveling in the right direction? Spend time with Jesus. Talk to Him. Be with Him. Listen to Him. Before you know it, you will want to turn back to the correct path. The Path of Righteousness. And that is a lovely place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment