Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Monday, November 14, 2011

I wish I may, I wish I might

Wishing. We have all done it. Daydreams of what life would be like if…(fill in the blank). Or how about these…

I just wish I had a huge, beautiful home to bless others.

I just wish I was married.

I just wish my baby was born so I could hold him/her.

I just wish my baby was sleeping through the night.

I just wish my baby could walk.

I just wish my baby could talk to me and tell me what he/she wants.

I just wish my toddler were potty-trained.

I just wish my children were all in school so I could have a minute to breathe.

I just wish my children knew how to read so they could do their school work on their own.

I just wish my kids could drive so that I could just sit down for a minute.

I just wish my home was perfect so that I could reach out to people.

I just wish I could make more of a difference.

I just wish I had more time to use my passion for ministry.

I just wish…

I just wish…

When I say ‘we have all done it’…that includes me. I have thought some of the above statements. And writing some of my own thoughts along with some other examples…was an eye-opener for me.

While we are wishing…what are we wishing away? Our precious newborn babies? Our amazing, always learning toddlers? Our short, blessed time at home with preschoolers? Our chance to spend real time reading to our children? Our huge responsibility of the family God has entrusted to our care? Our ability to feel content with exactly what God has given to us? Awww man! That puts a spin on those wishes doesn’t it?

I don’t want to live my life in the wishes of my next destination. I want to LIVE in my journey. I want to get the most out of it. I want to always be teachable.

Learn.
Grow.
Discern.
Stumble.
Get up.
Become weakened to gain strength.
Gain knowledge.
Gain experience.

Be mindful of your future…just don’t live wishing you were already there. And the only thing you should never be content with…Is how much you know about Christ. Keep searching Him out. He will never disappoint you my dear friend!

1 comment: