Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Awaken oh Holy Spirit

Awaken this child to understanding. Finally, show me a glimpse of your power and majesty. What? Did you think I was saying the Holy Spirit was sleeping? Oh no…not at all. In fact, He does not sleep. He does not rest. He does not go on vacation from us. He does not whine when we call on Him. He lives for that. He lives to pray unto the Father on our behalf. See Romans 8:26 if you don’t believe me. When was the last time the Holy Spirit had a day off? I guarantee it was not the last time you ignored Him. He has to work even harder on those days. Seeking God solely for you, not with you.

I needed the Holy Spirit to come through for me a few weeks ago on a Sunday morning…and He absolutely did! I couldn’t stop smiling because I was just so excited that He met me where I was. Unsure. Nervous. Anxious. And He calmed me down immediately at the prayers of a friend.

Then there was last week. I had a really awful headache. The pain was getting the best of me. I was nauseous. I was annoyed that my kids were talking because the sounds of their voices was sending sharp pains through my head. The smell of my perfume was making me want to be sick. Finally, when I was in tears, I went to take a rescue medication that I had left over from my days of migraine headaches. As I was pulling my medication box down…I got mad. I slammed it back on the shelf and yelled…”NO! I rebuke you, satan, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Pain you must go in Jesus name!”

Next, I decided to start my own little texting prayer chain. Soon I got response after response of people agreeing with me in prayer. Each one making it easier to believe that I chose the right option. God would trump that pain medication! It was now lunchtime and I was not sure if I could get food for my kids because I was so nauseous to smells. I reached up to get cereal (my go-to when I am in a pinch)…and it came.

A wave of relief. Ahhh! I believed. I was stubborn about it. Angry at the enemy for trying to mess with me. And God met me in my hour of need. Not immediate. But if it was ALWAYS immediate…our faith wouldn’t be stretched. And sometimes a good stretch is healthy for us, isn’t it? =)

How often do I say…I am amazed by God’s goodness to me? Well…it is a phrase worthy of endless repeating. Amazed. I stood amazed right there in my kitchen. I sat amazed as I was able to eat lunch. I still am amazed!! I’m amazed to speak of His goodness. I’m amazed to write of His goodness. I’m amazed to read of His goodness. Are you annoyed yet? Because I am still amazed. =)

So this morning, during my personal devotional time, I was writing all about how I have seen God work in the lives of those around me. Here is what I wrote…

“Since I accepted and believed in my miraculous healing from Post Partum Depression…

I’ve seen God heal many many people around me. (Myself included, for many different things!)

I’ve seen a wife’s binding chains of a hurting, harsh, protective shell break loose at the alter.

I’ve seen a marriage headed for destruction…be restored.

I’ve seen a father silently struggling with a mountain of pasts…break through and become a powerhouse for God.

I’ve seen a man be broken like never before…to gain heart like never before.

I’ve seen a woman step into her prophesied calling from years past.

I’ve seen spiritual boldness arise and meet people where they lacked.

I’ve seen the Spirit of God change hopeless situations to show off His majesty.

I’ve seen the demons flee at the sight and sound of the church that is rising up.

I’ve seen offenses…not offend.

I’ve seen small children rise up to challenge the faith of their family.

I’ve seen mighty warriors step up to battle for friends, family, acquaintances, even strangers.

I’ve seen prayer journals come alive.

I’ve seen songs come out of brokenness.

I’ve seen power displayed through meekness.

I’ve seen miracles unfold as promised.

I’ve seen a tear and a hug do more than a thousand words ever could.

I’ve seen bold, stubborn obedience lead to restoration of many hearts.

I’ve seen vengeance be handed over to it’s rightful owner…God.

I’ve seen gifts be given to the sincere, asking heart.

I’ve seen dreams become reality.

I’ve seen youth get fired up to be a change to their world.

I’ve seen talent come from unexpected places, to fulfill God’s purpose.

I’ve seen a woman fight for what she first spoke in her vow’s before God, years ago.

I’ve seen blessing after blessing after blessing given to the children of God, whom He adores.

I’ve seen the enemy’s schemes unveiled, uncovered and defeated in Jesus’ Name!

 

Wow…that was fun to write! It will be even more fun to read and re-read when I dare feel ‘forgotten’.

Each of those ‘I’ve seen’ statements listed above are about a real person. I could list names. I could tell you the story behind each one. These are real, true things I have witnessed God do. I am not at all implying that I was involved in each of them. Don’t get the wrong impression here. I deserve no glory here. God was responsible. God was the one that led each heart, each hand, each mouth to do His will. I may have been a small part in His strategy…but that is nothing compared to His Master Plan.

Want to hear the cooler part? With the exception of my original healing last year…these things have all occurred within the last few months. How awesome and matchless is the God that we serve?

Now for the coolest part! God does not stop at what my eyes can see. He is doing these things in your life too. Take a minute to think about how God has affected you and those around you lately. Write it down if you will. It can be your source of encouragement later on, when you feel like whining because you feel like God has left you.

Remember. He does not sleep, nor does He slumber. He is never unavailable, out of service, on vacation. He is always on and ready! Our God is a God of matchless power! Start talking about His affects!

No comments:

Post a Comment