Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Sweet Husband

A couple of days ago I was in bed all day feeling awful. My husband only left for a short time here and there to get things from the store. First it was crackers and Sprite to settle my stomach. (And an easy lunch for he and the kids…frozen pizza.) Then later he went to get the dog food that I promised to get that day. To my surprise he brought me home my favorite calendar from Wal-Mart.

I know…a calendar doesn’t sound great. But this is ‘The Mom’s Planning Calendar’. I’ve been hooked on since I first bought it on clearance a few years ago. It has a place on the side for me to write each of our names. That lines coordinates with the date…and you can see who has what planned. It is very helpful…as long as my husband tells me of his plans. (If you are sensing the tension…then you are guessing correctly that we often have problems with this mentioned issue. Ha-ha!) One day he even raced me into the house to write ‘horse auction’ on the next day, Saturday. All of this to try to ‘prove’ that I should’ve known we needed a sitter for the plans he very well KNEW I had on that day. *sigh* It worked out…and all was peaceful again in our home. ;)

I was trying to be excited about my calendar even though I still wasn’t feeling great. I was at this point finally eating something other than crackers, which was oatmeal, so Eric decided he would tell me about my next surprise. He assured me that I would want to be feeling better in order for him to bring it in…so I tried to talk myself into it. He seemed really excited to give it to me, and I was getting more and more excited to receive it!

After much pleading and me finally showering for the day and sitting up for more than a few seconds…he agreed to bring it in. With my eyes closed…I was honestly expecting a new pair of barn boots. Ha-ha! My His dog Moose had chewed what was left of my sad barn shoes just a week earlier. I was trying to muster up some sort of reaction to these boots that I was sure he was giving to me.
WRONG!

I opened my eyes to see this…

Winter 2012 038
A Bosch Tassimo Brewing Machine. It brews cappuccino, latte/latte macchiato, espresso, hot chocolate, tea and coffee. Have you seen these machines before? I haven’t. I have seen the Keurig…but never this nifty little slice of heaven. =) (And the fact that I just said nifty reminds me of a song that I learned from my 5th grade teacher. First person to comment with the name of that song…gets a complimentary drink of their choice from my Tassimo awesomeness!)

Winter 2012 042
This was my drink of choice this morning. Maxwell House Decaf. Exciting…I know. I shouldn’t probably mention that I tried the cappuccino last night since I was feeling completely better. Oh…and when I woke up at 5am to do my devotions this morning…I decided to try out the hot cocoa. This is going to be an expensive habit my husband just unleashed to me. Ha-ha!!

Winter 2012 043
See that ONE large button I am pushing? That is it. That is the extent of the difficulty of this machine. Bahaha! It is a lovely, intelligent creation by BOSCH!

Winter 2012 046
My creamer of choice. (I usually prefer Coffee-mate creamers to International Delight…except for this pictured Pumpkin Pie Spice. This is my favorite holiday creamer. And I am not yet sick of it…so I will keep buying it until I am. Cause ladies and gentleman…that’s how I roll. Tee hee!)

Winter 2012 047 Note to fellow bloggers. When pouring creamer into coffee…and taking a picture of this process…

Winter 2012 048
…you will be laughed at by any surrounding 6 year olds when you completely miss the cup and dump it all on the counter. (That is one way to cut the calories huh? ;) ) The picture above where it is actually going into the cup…is picture attempt #2! Why do I tell you when you’d never know? I have no idea! Just to show I am real, I guess.

Winter 2012 057
See this picture of me ‘appearing’ to be enjoying that cup of coffee? It’s a fake. *giggles* (Again, me with the realness.) I took a picture of myself, before showering, actually drinking this cup of coffee…and I decided it would not be wise nor beneficial to post it. I already posted one awful picture of myself last week, from back when I was huge, hot, and pregnant with my son Levi. The limit has got to be one of those a month, at least! So that cup I am holding up…has a tiny bit of very cold coffee in it. Kind of like an iced coffee…only not. Ha-ha!

Not much to this post that is uplifting today. Sorry if you are disappointed. I just had to share my happiness with you all. (You see…my beloved Bunn died on Christmas day this year. (R.I.P.) I have been filling the gap here and there with whatever works.) So this machine is a blessing! It was my late Christmas gift that I didn’t know I needed before Christmas. God provides our wants and desires. Do you believe that? I do!…how couldn’t I?

As for that Bunn. My oldest brother randomly called one day and told me that Bunn machines are usually warranted for life. He told me it was worth calling because he knew a couple who had cashed in on a couple of new machines. Yesterday I was feeling good…so I called. They are sending me a sealing kit to try to do a simple repair on my existing pot. And if that doesn’t work…they will send me a brand new, updated (since my current machine was made in March of 1999!) version of my favorite coffee pot. Minor downfall…I will not get it for free. But, because I already own one…they will send me the new one for a discounted price. (And I totally have my husband talked into buying that for me in a few weeks.) Spoiled. I think not. Loved, appreciated, cared for…absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment