Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Miracles follow faith

It has been an amazing holiday season for us here in the Knapp house. For anyone who knows what is happening here right now…that might not make sense. But, we serve a God that is Good, All The Time! God has met us where we are…and He is bringing us to a place of strength. A place of confidence in His voice. A place of unity. A place of peace. This is an amazing place to be. =) It doesn’t always feel amazing…but the result will be remarkable. Unlike anything we could’ve come up with on our own.

So, let’s get to the blessings and miracles, shall we? =) So glad you asked!!

This Christmas season that just passed us was looking like it was going to a sad one. Lots of things were happening that were trying to take us down. All in just one week’s time Eric’s job became very shaken, he hit a deer with his brand new truck, he stepped on a nail and his foot got infected. To top it all off…Aiden came home from school on the day that we were going to my Mom’s for Christmas…WITH PINK EYE! Ugh! I do not tell you these things to gain your sympathy. Believe me…this story has an amazing ending. *smiles huge here*

What I hadn’t told anyone (and I do mean anyone),was that God had told me that at this Christmas party at my Mom’s house that Friday night (the week before Christmas)…He was going to restore a relationship that had severed. Circumstances that are not at all important now, had led mine and my husband’s relationship with my brother and his wife to be cut off. It had been almost a year and half I believe. So you can understand why I was so annoyed that the enemy try to keep this from happening by giving my son the highly contagious pink eye.

Since Eric was going to the doctor’s office anyway for his foot…he took Aiden along to get his eye looked at. Our suspicions were confirmed. It was in fact pink eye. When Eric and Aiden got home…I decided it was time to tell Eric of God’s plan for the night. We went to the barn (me walking…and Eric hobbling)…and I very confidently told Eric that I felt God telling me to pray as a family for Aiden’s eye to be healed. Next I said that WHEN his eye was healed, we would take that as proof that God did want us to go restore what was broken. You see…in order for restoration to take place…we needed four willing parties. My husband, myself, my brother, and his wife. I told Eric that we needed to apologize for how we handled our end of the situation…and trust that God was preparing their hearts to accept.

Eric was in a place that was very unlike him. But then again…so was I! =) For the first time since Eric and I got married (10 1/2 years ago)…Eric had to rely wholly on my ability to hear God. Usually I am more of confirmation for him through my prayer and devotional time. This time…he had to trust something that he didn’t necessarily ‘feel’. Does that make sense? He had A LOT of his mind…and this was asking him to put himself out there and possibly be laughed at…or rejected. These are not comfortable places for him to be. Trust is something that God is renewing in Eric…and this was step one. Integrity is something that God is restoring in Eric…and this was step one. Emotional connection is something that God is teaching Eric…and this was step one. Spiritual leadership is something that God is increasing in Eric…and this was step one. See what I mean? The end result will be amazing…but the process can sting a bit.

Because of Eric’s confidence in my faith…over his ‘feeling’ he agreed. We went back down to the house and he led us all in prayer over Aiden’s body. One by one we all prayed, with the exception of Levi who is only 1. =) When we were finished…Eric had to leave for a little while. So I got busy! I sent out texts to as many as I could reach. I didn’t even get through my whole contact list because I was responding back and forth to so many. I requested that people pray with us for the healing of Aiden. If you are one of the ones who responded to me…you know that I then said that there were two miracles to happen that day. And the healing was the lesser of the two. Response after response encouraged me to keep faith.

Soon I heard God say…prepare yourself for the party. I could either sit and wait for the healing…and then risk not going because we weren’t ready. Or I could prepare as if the healing was going to happen. So…I did just that. I showered. I got my kids ready. I went to the store to get ingredients for the appetizer I had planned to bring. Each time looking at the pink eye of Aiden…and believing that the healing that was already done in the supernatural…would manifest in the physical!

Soon enough Eric gets home and sees me getting ready. Perplexed a bit because Aiden’s eye does not ‘appear’ better at all…he asks what I am doing. I told him my plan…and he agreed to shower and prepare as well. It was now almost party time…and my husband says…”Ok now what?” I responded…”Drive.” Pretty soon, we were there and wanted to check Aiden’s eye one more time to see if it was better. It appeared, in the dark night with a flashlight from Eric’s phone…that his eye was still pink. I still stood on my word from God and in we went. Greeted with hugs and excitement…I knew what we had to do first. Restore.

The conversation was much simpler than the enemy had convinced me it would be…again for over a year! Apologies were stated. Love was behind each word said and received. Brokenness was covered by grace. Anger was covered by forgiveness. Lies were covered by God’s truth. Forgive and you will be forgiven. Above all else…LOVE! We all exchanged hugs and agreed to keep in better contact. After all…it was our children that suffered without fault in all of this. =(

That is it. Two miracles in one night. The Master has miracles like this in store for all of His beloved. “He is just looking for someone to believe!” That was a prophesy spoken over our church the Sunday before all of this happened. Do you believe in your ability to be healed? Do you believe that God longs for restoration in the relationships that have been strained/severed? Do you believe that God is all-knowing? All-powerful? Omni-present?

Believe! And ask God to help you with your unbelief! (<=Thanks for that reminder Erin!) The revelations of God will come to you at the perfect time. Believe that God speaks to you…and go with Him. He will lead you down a path of righteousness…always!

No comments:

Post a Comment