Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What was special about Philip?

 Ch (237)

This was were I plopped myself yesterday afternoon to write today’s post. (All the kids in my house were resting. And after my 10 minute power nap…I was ready to write!) What do you see in the above picture?

 

 

 

Ch (238)

Here is a closer shot. I have my journal. My devotional. My cup of hot cocoa. (Disappointing! I was going for a peppermint hot cocoa like I’ve been hooked on at McDonald’s this season…but the candy cane I thought was peppermint…was strawberry. Such a bummer! Not pepperminty in the least!) I have my computer. And I have my fave candle! I meant to turn it around for you all to see…but I clearly forgot. Anyway, it is called Country Christmas. I am obsessed with it. God blessed me with it for Christmas…funny story! You can get them online. To check out the site click here! It is worth the money…promise. =)

Doesn’t that scene just make you want to journal? It does me! And so here is the product of my afternoon…

 

What was so special about Philip you ask…funny you should mention that. I was just reading about Philip in Acts chapter 8 today. You know what I remembered that I already know…but too often forget? Philip was ordinary. He was human. He was real. His story is not a fairytale. Nor is it embellished. It is simple truth…with a divine appointment.

Why does that matter to you? Because you hear from God.

When you drive by an accident and feel the sudden urgency to pray for the people involved…that is God.

When you see a mother struggling with her child in the store and you feel the desire to smile and encourage her…that is God.

When you feel a tug on your heart to give to someone less fortunate than you, anonymously…that is God.

When your child comes to you and says they aren’t feeling well and you immediately sense to pray instead of calling the doctor…that is God.

You hear from God. You just need to be reminded sometimes. So what makes you so special? Well…I pray that you have a personal relationship with the Trinity. I pray that you have asked Christ into your heart to be your Lord and Savior. I pray that you entrust all that you have to God to take care of. I pray that you seek the Holy Spirit to converse with you often. Whether it through singing, praying, writing…etc.

The reality is that you are not special. I am so sorry if that offends you. (In my days…to be called ‘special’ wasn’t all that good anyway.) With that being said, the God that I pray lives IN you…is remarkable. He is unlike any other. He is flat out amazing! He is Healer. He is Restorer. He is Love. He is Grace. He is Peace. He is Awesomeness at its finest. =)

So back to Philip. Let’s read just part of the story. (I encourage you to read the whole thing on your own. All of Acts chapter 8 is good.) But let’s stick with Acts 8:26-27 & 29-30.

26-27 “An angel of the Lord said to Philip, ‘Get ready and go south…’So Philip got ready and went” –Did you hear him ask questions? Did he wonder why he was going? Did he complain about going on a road-trip because he really didn’t feel like it? Did he question if it was really something from God? I didn’t read anything that says he did. Huh? Interesting! How would I react?

29-30 “The Spirit said to Philip, ‘Go to that chariot and stay near it.’ So Philip ran toward the chariot.”-Again…no questions. Again…no delay. This time…he actually ran. He may have even looked a bit silly. (I would if I were the one running towards a stranger. Haha!) Maybe the man sitting in the chariot thought a crazy man was running towards him. To his benefit though…Philip listened to the Spirit of the Lord. He did not question. He did not waiver.

What was the gain? Eternity! Philip witnessed to and baptized that man that day. That man is in eternity with the King of Kings because of the crazy man running towards him. What made Philip special? He was willing. He was bold. He was more concerned about the eternity of another brother…than the possibility of being rejected.

How about you? When you hear the voice of God in a small whisper to your conscience…what do you do? Sadly, sometimes I question. Sometimes I speak boldly. Sometimes I say No. Am I ashamed to admit some those things?…nope. Not happy about it. But my God practices grace…ALWAYS. He is a patient God. He longs for me to get it right…for me! He will continue to give me opportunities to see Him shine. I am getting stronger by the day. And I am loving the days that I speak boldly for my Father. The more I realize that He is faithful to the end…the more I gain confidence in my ability to hear Him correctly.

I prayed that I would hear him clearly today, in fact. I was praying over 3 specific things. And when I heard…I wanted to wish I hadn’t asked. (Please tell me you have been there. Haha!) I didn’t so much like the answer. But that was part of my prayer. “God, I don’t want it to be the easiest answer. I want it to be YOUR will. Whatever that might be.” So, now I know His will…and I must walk in it. =) Boldly!

No comments:

Post a Comment