Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dash Dash Dash

A few weeks ago, while I was at church, I happened to glance to the pew in front of me and noticed that one of the teens was drawing a picture. (I was still paying attention to the pastor…promise!) Every once in a while I would look again and I was just amazed. I just couldn’t help myself. I am not very artistic when it comes to drawing…so I am mesmerized by people that have that gift. (Growing up I always thought that my oldest brother must have gotten my portion of the artistic gene. Haha!)

Now that I am an ‘adult’, which to be quite honest I still don’t feel like most days…I can appreciate all of the many ways that one can be artistic. Even in drawing alone there are way too many different styles and techniques to list. This girl that I am referring to above, used what I will refer to as the “Dash. Dash. Dash.” method. She made many light small strokes with her pencil. She’d erase just a tiny little portion of her drawing (which I thought already looked amazing)…and wouldn’t you know it would improve.

The eye of the artist is specific. They know what they are going for. They have the vision. They don’t have to explain it. They just make it happen.

As I have said I am not much of an artist. I don’t have that sort of flare. (*insert jazz hands here*) I have tried the light ‘dash, dash, dash’ method. My end result is far from impressive. But there is something to be learned from this. (Otherwise why would I be writing about it.) You see I too could sit down and use the same method, the same pencil, and try to draw the same picture…but I clearly will not have the same end result. Because, you see, God has equipped me differently.

Can you see where I am going with this? Have you ever seen someone with a clearly God-given gift and been just the slightest, little teensiest-weensiest bit jealous? Maybe you’ve heard someone sing and it caused you become self conscious about your own ability. Maybe you’ve seen someone’s crafty-craftedness whip up something amazing and you sit and think…why don’t ideas like that just ‘pop’ into my head? Or maybe you would like to be more handy and you are really more destroyee. (I had a late night last night…feverishly writing a prayer from the Throne of Grace for a beloved son of my King…so back off. I am tired. ;) Haha!) Let me put in into words that you will understand.
 
*YOU*
*ARE*
*UNIQUE!*
2012 Fall 094 2012 Fall 920
 2012 Fall 913 2012 Fall 822

I mean really. Look at how amazing God is. He doesn’t repeat himself. He has no need. Even in twins there is uniqueness. In all of the people ever created…God has not run out of ideas. Think about the last artsy thing you did. Now try to come up with something different and new times a ba-jillion or two. (Say that last phrase in your best Dr. Suess rhyming voice.) I’m starting to feel anxious just thinking about coming up with my own stuff…and this is all just for effect. So it is easily understood. Haha! Dramatic…yes, yes, yes I am.

Each of us has a specific purpose. We have something that God has designed for us to accomplish. He made us…and He knows us…and He knows how to utilize our gifts. We make a dash and it has an effect. Someone else makes a dash and it has a whole different effect. Each of them apart from vision…is without clear direction. Each of them is vital to the final outcome though. On it’s own it doesn’t look like much. But stand back and look at how God used each dash, each little step of faith…and see who received healing. Notice who will be joining you in Heaven. Notice who is branching out in their own ministry because someone took the time to speak a small word of encouragement to them.

Do not ever think you are less because of what God has given to you. (Or not given to you.) He knows what He is doing my friend. He does not do things by chance. He does not make mistakes. He created you with passions for things that will encourage, uplift, and bless those you come in contact with. Rejoice in the talents God has given others…and ask Him to help you discover yours.

If I hear one more person say that have nothing to offer, that they have no real talent or gifts…I might just have to get in their face and yell a bit. (Can you picture me doing that? If the answer is no because you know me…and think I tend to be pretty (thank you) ahem, moving on fairly patient and even-tempered…this should stick out as something that really makes my anger rise up.) It makes me so sad, and then angry and then powerful to think that someone could believe that. I say sad because they are missing out on so many blessings by not searching for what they a have to offer for the Kingdom. I say angry because I know it is the lie and scheming of the enemy that has made them feel like they have nothing good to give. And I say powerful because I defeated that way of thinking in my own life…and I KNOW that they can too!

You see I used to hate that I was shy when I first meet people. I used to hate that I cried easily. I used to hate that I couldn’t sing like people on the radio. I used to hate that I wasn’t crafty. I used to hate that my all of my writing was written in journals and stuffed on a shelf and without purpose.
God covered over each of those lies with His truth.

My shyness is still a stumbling block, a barrier for me sometimes…but I have come a long way since the school age years. God has used my quiet nature to reach out to some that would've been scared away by the 'in-your-face' type.

I cry easily because I feel with people. When they tell me what they are going through…I really feel what it must be like. Compassion is nothing to hate. Compassion is nothing to be ashamed of.

I sing for my King and that is that. My voice was created BY Him FOR Him. (I do my best work in my van when it is just me and Him anyway.)

I am crafty. I can not do what some can do…but I have an artsy gene and I use it in ways that fill me with joy!
  2012 Summer 1325

2012 Summer 1229

And my writing…Pages of Prayer as broken my barrier. I have no idea who reads…and I am not a bit concerned with that. I write and I trust that God can handle the rest.

What are the lies that you have been accepting/believing? What abilities has God given you that you feel convicted to use? Don’t ignore God’s voice. The gentle nudge can quickly turn into a shove. Haha! Either way…His plan will be done. But doesn’t it feel better when you gently ask a child to do a simple task…than when you have to get a little bit stern?

Ask God to give you revelation. Ask Him to reveal the enemies scheme to you. So that he lay before you stripped of his power. his stronghold no longer holding you back. Ask God to show you new ways to use your gifts. Trust that He is all-knowing and that He will not lead you to a path of destruction. You know His voice. Walk in your gifts because there are people that are waiting and need to see God in a way only you can provide. Unique. You are unique and I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment