Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Wisdom vs. Knowledge

We all know them. Those people who seem to almost take pleasure in shoving their gained knowledge into your face and down your throat. It is like you are in some way less because you do not know what they have come to know. They are in the world. And there is a good probability that they are in your family and church. Their knowledge has probably shamed you on occasion. Maybe blatantly intentional. Maybe not. You pair a lack of knowledge with a little (or a lot) of insecurity...and you are the knowledge. lovers. magnet.


Let me just be absolutely clear right now. Knowledge is an amazingly wonderful thing. I am not about to imply that you should stop learning and growing. I am not condoning a life of couch potatoism. <--That is a verb. The act of doing...nothing. Uh, wait. Is 'doing nothing' a verb? Wowza...I need to take an English class! Geesch! >:-/ Hahaha!

The love of knowledge is within you. Maybe not to the same degree as 'those people'. But it IS within you. God created us to want to KNOW. He designed us to not be content with something that causes us to wonder. The subject though...it has to be something that we care about. Something that sparks our passion. Without focused love of knowledge, we would not have professionals. And we need professionals. We need scientists that share what they have learned. We need doctors that have studied what they found fascinating. We need contractors that know the how to and why's of structure. And sometimes we need authors to make things that we have complicated....extremely simple.

My point? Knowledge is not EVER where it was to end in the spiritual realm. To KNOW what is right, is not enough. To KNOW what goes against God's Word, is not enough. To KNOW the answer to save people from eternity, is not enough.

Levi pedaling as fast as
his lil legs will go. It
clearly does not matter that
he is approaching a hill. Can anyone
hear me?!?! SLOW DOWN!
<===================
As a mother of young children, I admit to allowing a certain amount of 'letting my kids figure it out'. (Less of it than my husband...that is for sure!! Haha!) BUT, when it comes to an issue of safety, I am much more willing to scream share my knowledge. They still have the choice as whether to listen. For me to know what they should do would be useless. Them knowing what to do and not doing it would not serve the intended purpose as to why I shared my rant. (Anybody with me?!)

Levi...in a ditch. 
Knowledge. Applied. Now THAT is something! Applied knowledge has a name. Wisdom. If you don't have it...you should pray for it. It is sooooooooooooooo important! Wisdom turns a detail-driven-factual-religious type of person, into a person who has an actual relationship with their Savior. It turns a know-it-all into a spiritual counselor. And wisdom turns a seemingly 'boring stay at home mom'...into a warrior.

1 Corinthians 10: For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Wisdom thinks first. Wisdom listens before assuming. Wisdom does what the Father asks. Wisdom speaks from a place of experience. Wisdom believes what is true and not what seems. Wisdom trusts the heart of God. Wisdom never stops learning no matter how young the teacher. Wisdom always knows...there.is.hope.

Proverbs 1:1 The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
for gaining wisdom and instruction;
    for understanding words of insight;
for receiving instruction in prudent behavior,
    doing what is right and just and fair;
for giving prudence to those who are simple,
    knowledge and discretion to the young—
let the wise listen and add to their learning,
    and let the discerning get guidance—
for understanding proverbs and parables,
    the sayings and riddles of the wise.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
    but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Today. Right this moment. I challenge you to pray for more wisdom. You will not be disappointed. I pray that you notice it. I pray that you see how God gives you opportunities to apply your knowledge.  And I pray that you will choose what is always right and true. I pray that it will finally make its way from head to hand/heart. Get going...you have some applying to do! And know that I am praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment