Words have power. Written words provide proof. You can read them, and reread them whenever you want. They can speak life to someone who needs encouragement. They can speak death to someone who is being deceived. The choice lies within you. How is it that you want people to remember you? Encourager...that is the gift that God has laid on my heart. To use my written, spoken, and/or sung words to lift people up. To be one link in their road to healing, restoration, joy. I have been without those things, and I claim them to be mine again. If you want me to seek God on a prayer for a specific situation...that is why I am here. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to pray God's Word of Life over you.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Clean up this mess

If you have children....I am sure you have yelled/screamed those words before. I couldn't even get them out of my mouth the other day without laughing. I turned to see my son Levi...who turned one on the 9th of August....dumping an almost full bag of chips on the floor of my kitchen. My solution..."MOOSE!"

You've met Moose. He is our great dane puppy. I say the word 'puppy' loosely. He is....as I type this...eating leftover cheerios off the kitchen table while sitting on the floor. He is a puppy in awkwardness. He is a puppy in energy. He is a puppy in bladder size. He is a puppy in excitement for new people to arrive. He is a puppy to see the opportunity to run out the door when left open just one second longer than needed. But in size...he is...well...he fits his name well. He is a Moose. =) He cleaned up the mess pretty well. Just a light sweep will do. As soon as I am done here I will get right on that. ;)

So, how about life. How messy does your life get? How do you handle it? Do you freak out? Do you start screaming at every living thing that gets in your path? Do you calmly assess the situation and plan step by step how you are going to fix it? (Show off! Haha!) Do you ignore it until it become so large you put yourself into a pit you can't crawl out of? Or do you sometimes just laugh and let the dog clean it?

Sometimes I take my life...and my problems way too seriously. I have mini pity-parties for myself...thankfully they are parties in my head that no one else knows about. (I realize that I just made myself sound a bit crazy. Deal with it, I have. Lol!) I allow myself to focus on my circumstance...instead of praising God through my storm. I freak out way before it is neccessary. I have no plan. I ignore the whispers of God telling me what I should be doing. I fall into the pit the have dug for myself. And that stinkin' dog is eating my chips again. Sounds like a lot of grumbling to me. Sound familiar?

While there are times when laughing off something that would normally be frustrating is appropriate...we do need to deal with life as it comes our way. We do need to somewhat plan how we are going to react to some of those crazy scenerios...because sometimes when you look back at the fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants approach...it isn't really going so well, is it? Yeah...it isn't for me either. I don't want to live in regret. I don't want to live wishing I didn't yell so much. I don't want to live wondering what life would be like IF...

Start picturing how you want to be. Start praying Godly characteristics over yourself. Your husband. Your children. Start thinking BEFORE you speak. Hold your tongue. Don't say every cotton pickin' think that comes into that pretty little head of yours. If the author of your words doesn't appear to be God...who do you think it might be? Ouch! I know. I am not saying anything I don't need to hear myself. I am ticking myself right off too. Haha! But I love you too much to let you settle for how you treat people. Watch their reaction. Do you see the sparkle in their eye fade? Do you see the smile start to fall?

Let's be people that affect those around us. I don't want to infect anymore. I am tired of that game. I have been a part of that one already. I want to spread light where there is none. I want joy to radiate from me! Join me won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment